It’s Important to Make Good Dental Hygiene a Priority!
- Brush your teeth at least twice a day for two minutes each time until ALL plaque is removed.
- Plaque is colorless to pale yellow. It’s the fuzzy feeling on the surface of your teeth. It can be hard to detect, so it’s important to continue to brush until ALL plaque is removed from the teeth. The buildup of plaque also increases the risk of decay and gum disease while the braces are on which can cause decay, or erosion of the tooth over time, leaving holes in your teeth. This is why it is important to brush until ALL plaque is removed.
- Dr. Oltjen strongly encourages our patients to use the Oral B Genius X rotary toothbrush and the Waterpik water flosser throughout treatment. These two tools are proven to be effective and to help aid in the removal of plaque and food debris.
- Remember to continue to use your Clinpro 5000 toothpaste before bedtime. This will help prevent cavities!
- We recommend limiting or discontinuing beverages that are acidic and high in sugar. This includes soda pop, sports drinks, acidic juices, and energy drinks. If you do indulge, avoid sipping over a long period of time – each sip renews the acid attack on teeth. When finished, IMMEDIATELY rinse your mouth with water.