Ever wonder how those beautiful models that grace the pages of today’s magazines get that “smokey eye look”? Well, so did a few of us at Oltjen Orthodontics! After all, we do like to look our best when the work-week ends and we are ready for a night out on the town. So we did a little digging around and came up with a few tips to help you master the Smokey Eye technique.
- Begin by applying a concealer to the under eye and all over the top lid.
- Choose your color, at least 3 shades of a similar hue. The classic smokey eye is created with black or grey, but bronze or brown works great too.
- This is important. Line both the top and bottom rims with an eyeliner or pencil and pay close attention to going into the lash line.
- Use a small shadow brush or q-tip to soften the edges of the eye pencil line. Then, apply a dark shadow color over the eyeliner and smudge. A sponge tip applicator works great!
- Next apply, a lighter shadow in a neutral tone with a large brush and blend well toward brow bone.
- Curl your lashes to help open up your eyes and really make them pop.
- Apply a generous coat of mascara.
- Brush away any excess shadow below the eye with a brush or q-tip.
Voila! There you have it! A gorgeous smokey eye for whatever event you’ve got coming up!