Dr. Oltjen and our staff have been working very hard throughout the Stay At Home order. From virtual checkups to mailing rubber bands to updating our systems and infection control protocols to keep our office environment safe for everyone, we’ve been busy! We are so excited to see you all again!
As we re-open for regularly scheduled appointments, please understand that we will continue to follow the recommendations for preventing the spread of any infectious disease, as outlined by the CDC, the American Dental Association, and the Occupational Safety And Health Administration. By following these guidelines, we may look a bit different when you see us, as we will be using new types of personal protective equipment. However, while certain adjustments have been made in our office, we promise to continue to be the same fun and caring team you know and love!
Here are some of the changes you can expect when you arrive:
- We ask that parents, guardians, and siblings remain in your vehicle while the patient is being seen.
- Any patient 12 years or older and any parent entering our office are REQUIRED to provide & wear THEIR OWN MASK upon entering the office.
- Upon entering the office we will take your temperature. (Anyone who has a temperature of 100.4℉ or above will have treatment deferred for a minimum of 14 days)
- We ask that only patients with an appointment enter our clinic area
- A written communication form will be given to each patient to relay important information regarding the progress of their treatment
- The front desk coordinator will schedule the next appointment before the patient leaves. If there is a problem with that appointment, call our office to reschedule.
- Should you have any questions during your child’s appointment, please call our front desk staff at 913-829-8855.
Before checking in you will be required to read and answer the following questions.
- Have you or anyone with you, traveled internationally in the last 14 days?
- Have you or anyone with you traveled within the USA by air, bus, or train in the last 14 days?
- Have you, or anyone with you, been tested for COVID-19 and are awaiting the results?
- Have you, the patient, or any of your recent acquaintances tested positive for COVID-19 or any other diseases in the last 14 days?
- Have you come into contact with anyone experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 in the past 14 days?
- Have you, the patient, or anyone with you, experienced a persistent cough in the last 14 days?
- Have you, the patient, or anyone with you, experienced shortness of breath in the last 14 days?
- Have you, the patient, or anyone with you, experienced chest pressure in the last 14 days?
- Have you, the patient, or anyone with you, had a fever in the last 14 days?
- Do you have any chronic immune or systemic conditions?
If you answer “YES” to any of these questions we will need to reschedule your appointment no sooner than 14 days from today.