Meet Dr. Jay Oltjen
Why I Practice Orthodontics
I take a tremendous amount of pride in what I do because I believe that orthodontics has a significant and lasting impact on people's lives. A great smile builds confidence and a good bite is important to your overall health.
- Kansas State University: Undergraduate degree
- University of Texas in San Antonio: Doctor of Dental Surgery degree
- University of Oklahoma: Certificate in Orthodontics and Masters
Skills and Expertise:
- Board certified by the American Board of Orthodontics (ABO Certification)
- Diplomate American Board Of Orthodontics
- Orthodontic advisor for the Great Plains Study Club, a chapter of the Seattle Study Club.
- Clinical advisor to 3M™
Use Of State-Of-The -Art Technology
i-CAT® Cone Beam (CBCT) 3D Dental Imaging System:
3D imaging provides the best possible images of the teeth, airway, jaw and tissue, for more accurate treatment planning. Find out more about about ICat CBCT 3D http://www.oltjenbraces.com/i-cat.php
Outside the Office
I was raised on a farm near Hiawatha, a small Kansas town. I currently reside in the Leawood area with my wife, Rita, our three children, William, Elizabeth, and Jane, and our 2 dogs, Quinn and Paisley. When I'm not in the office I enjoy playing golf, sport fishing, and traveling.